Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spade & Spade

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things Spade right now.
  • I love that Kate & Andy Spade were able to create a company on a whim (not that it wasn't hard work).
  • I love that they didn't rely on trends to create their products but instead looked to what inspired them.
  • I love that they sold the company to Liz Claiborne Inc. to spend more time with their child and pursue other artistic endeavors.
  • I love that they love the covers of cloth-covered books as art.
  • But I especially love Andy Spade's new project Partners & Spade (part ad agency/creative consultancy, part art gallery boutique). Located at 40 Great Jones St. NYC, open only on weekends and by appointment on weekdays.
It will definitely be on my must see list the next time we are in the city.
A view from inside the gallery, George Glazer's collection of globes.
photo by: Jordan Provost

From the Partners & Spade website: part of a Jason Polan drawing of everything in the store.


-Alissa-

No comments:

Post a Comment