Friday, May 15, 2009

Coffee & Wine


Since about 18 years of age I have loved coffee. It served its purpose in the morning and during late nights but I never really understood the amazing nuances of the different varieties until this great coffee shop opened across the street from us. One winter day, when all I really needed was something to warm me up and keep me going, I was told by our new favorite barista, "try the Idido Misty Valley... it tastes like a strawberry field." "A what? Did you say strawberries in my coffee?...OF COURSE I'll try that." Then WHAM I actually felt like my mouth was swimming through a strawberry field. Alright, honestly, I never would have noticed the strawberry flavors if someone had not just told me to look for them but they were indeed definitely there. Either way, it is an amazing coffee and is available from Counter Culture for $12.35 for a 12oz bag. You all should give it a try!



And one more beverage suggestion... Gruner Veltliner. This white wine is most commonly produced in Austria and typically has a clean, full bodied and crisp flavor. It is a remarkable wine that pairs well with a lot of difficult foods (think asparagus, artichokes, beets, etc.) and is usually affordable. I predict you will be seeing a lot more of this wine at your favorite restaurants and wine stores as the summer months unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment