Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween

Halloween, Jeff Parker. October 1980's. College Station, TX

I found this great old photograph of my Uncle Jeff when I was going through old boxes yesterday. Each year he would get out his coffin (no idea where he got it), position it in the local mall and hide himself inside to scare unsuspecting children - he really knew how to embrace the spirit of the holiday.
Today we went trick-or-treating with our niece and nephew (they dressed as Dora the Explorer and a Cow, respectively) and I may have eaten way too many KitKats. Now it is time to take down our Halloween decorations and start thinking about Thanksgiving. I think this carving set, hand made in the Italian country-side, would be great for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment