Monday, December 22, 2008

Radio City Christmas Spectacular!!!

This past weekend was awesome! We took the train up to New York to spend time with family and did all sorts of Christmassy things.

Saw the tree- check
Went ice skating at Rockefeller Center- nope I am a clumsy fool and the line was way too long
Took Ryan to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular for the first time- you betacha
Ate roasted chestnuts from the street vendors- nah I'm not a fan and Ryan would die

We also went to the Cafe Sabarsky with my sister. It is this amazing cafe in the Neue Galerie (a Museum for German and Austrian art). It has been totally outfitted to resemble a cafe at the turn of the century in Vienna. I would recommend the gallery and restaurant to anyone (for meat eaters: try the wiener schnitzel with potato salad and for vegetarians: try the spatzle with cream, wild mushrooms, peas, sweet corn and tarragon).


This Christmas card is from the bookstore at the Neue Gallery. Ryan and I feel in love with the graphic design. If I could have any talent in the world it would be to be able to design/draw anything I could image. That would be awesome!



As a last note, I wanted to share a Christmas card I received from my father. Isn't it cool? This house has been in my family for over 100 years (which is old for Texas). Every year my dad sends out a funny Christmas card of him doing strange things dressed up in Christmas garb. But this one is really nice. Maybe a little too subdued for him. I'm scared to see what he'll come up with next year.

P.S. I scanned these on our old fax machine and it took me about 30 minutes for each one. Santa if you are reading this I would love a flatbed scanner for Christmas!!!

-Alissa-

No comments:

Post a Comment